Creek Farm Job Opening
Farmstand Manager with some Office and Grounds Maintenance.
Requirements: Schedule Responsibilities Commitment to the Season Compensation: How to Apply
We are looking for someone to run our farmstand, do a little office work and take care of the flower gardens and general grounds upkeep.
This is a seasonal, outdoor job with a lot of variety and autonomy.
• You should be cheerful, well organized, ambitious and enjoy dealing with the public.
• Have some marketing, merchandising or direct retail experience.
• Be comfortable with Windows and Excel, and acquainted with email and social media.
• Physically fit. Ready willing and able to do grounds maintenance: Digging, planting and maintaining flowerbeds , lawn mowing etc.
• Some agricultural background or experience would be valuable.
• Weekends and afternoons until 6:00pm, are important times here.
The job could be part time with a minimum of 30 hrs/wk. It could be full time with 40+ hrs/week, and the addition of other responsibilities. There could be some field work for a person with that inclination.
Farmstand Manager: Will focus on sales and marketing for our retail farmstand. As well as customer service, there is responsibility for effective produce display, point of sale promotions, signage, inventory tracking, shrinkage control and managing markup, overhead and labor inputs. There will some involvement in our CSA distribution.
Grounds Maintainance: Maintenance of flower gardens and lawns and grounds. Includes lawn mowing. planting and weeding.
Office: Bill paying, payroll and maintainance of social media presence.
Commitment to the Season:
Starts in late April, runs through October.
How to Apply