with some Office and
Commitment to the Season
How to Apply
We are looking for someone to run our farmstand,
do a little office work and take care of the flower gardens and general grounds
This is a seasonal, outdoor job with a lot of variety and
• You should be cheerful, well organized, ambitious and
enjoy dealing with the public.
• Be available weekends.
• Be comfortable with Windows and Excel, and
acquainted with email and social media.
• Physically fit. Ready willing
and able to do grounds maintenance: Digging, planting and maintaining flowerbeds
, lawn mowing etc.
• Weekends are important times at the farmstand. As the season progresses, late afternoons, until 6:00pm become important as well.
• The job could be part time with a minimum of 30 hrs/wk. It could
be full time with 40+ hrs/week, and the addition of other responsibilities.
There could be some field work for a person with that inclination.
• Despite of all the above described scheduling needs, we do have considerable flexability which could accomodate your individual scheduling needs.
Special Consideration will be given to those who:
• Have some marketing, merchandising or
direct retail experience.
• Have some agricultural background or experience.
Farmstand Manager: Will focus on sales and marketing for our retail farmstand. As well as customer
service, there is responsibility for effective produce display, point of sale
promotions, signage, inventory tracking, shrinkage control and managing markup,
overhead and labor inputs. There will some involvement in our CSA
Grounds Maintainance: Maintenance of flower gardens and lawns and grounds. Includes lawn mowing. planting and weeding.
Office: Bill paying, payroll and maintainance of social media presence.
Commitment to the Season:
Starts in May and runs through October.
How to Apply
Contact Hank Bissell with a brief outline of your experience and qualificaions at:
Lewis Creek Farm
PO Box 123
Starksboro VT 05487
Creek Farm Home Page