Commitment to the Season
How to Apply
Part-time Job, 10-20 hrs/week,
Mid-July through Mid-September
Each year we make 1000-2000 jars of pickles, all from produce grown on Lewis Creek Farm.
We make 8-10 different types of pickles from our own well established recipes.
As the season progresses and different crops come in the types of pickles we make changes.
You will be responsible for our pickle making with some occasional help on some of the more tedious tasks from our field crew.
• You must be available for the full pickling season: Mid July to Mid September
• You must have some cooking experience.
• You must be able to follow a recipe accurately and consistantly.
• Some experience with home canning would be useful.
• Some commercial cooking experience would be good but not necessary.
• What has worked well in the past is 4-6 hrs a day, 3 days a week.
• The days of the week could fit your schedule.
Commitment to the Season:
You must be available for the full pickling season: Mid July to Mid September
$15.60/hr and lots of free peak-season vegetables.
How to Apply
Contact Hank Bissell with a little information about your interest and availability at:
Lewis Creek Farm
PO Box 123
Starksboro VT 05487
Creek Farm Home Page